Membership Fee Payments
Between Greater Shepparton City Council (Council) and the Member.
- This Agreement is a binding agreement that shall remain in place until cancelled by the Member or Council.
- Greater Shepparton City Council (APCA User ID 116901) will debit the Member’s Nominated Account or Credit Card.
- The Council advises that Direct Debit through BECS is not available on all accounts. The customer is advised to check account details against a recent statement from their financial institute (the Ledger FI). If uncertain, the customer should enquire directly with their financial institute before completing the Direct Debit request.
- Membership fees are payable, and Direct Debits will be made, whether or not the Member uses the Aquamoves’ facilities.
Cancellation of this Agreement
- The Member must give Council 14 days’ notice of cancellation of this Agreement using the Direct Debit Membership Cancellation Form (“Cancellation Form”).
- The Member acknowledges and agrees that any cancellation of this Agreement does not alter the Member’s obligations under his/her Membership Agreement. If the Member cancels this Agreement, he/she must make arrangements directly with the Council to pay all membership fees due under his/her Membership Agreement.
- Direct Debits will continue until 14 days after the signed Cancellation Form is received by Council at the address listed below.
- Council takes no responsibility for any Direct Debits (or fees, charges or liabilities arising from the Direct Debits) that are processed by the Member’s financial institution after Council has received the Cancellation Notice.
- The Member must notify Council of any changes to the Nominated Account or Credit Card details at least 14 days prior to the next scheduled Direct Debit Date.
Increase in Direct Debit Amount authorised by this Agreement
The Member agrees to authorise Council to vary the Direct Debit Amount as and when the Member’s membership fee increases without the need for the parties to sign a new Agreement.
- The Member must ensure that there are sufficient cleared funds available in the Nominated Account or Credit Card for the Direct Debit Amount as at the scheduled Direct Debit Dates.
- If there are insufficient funds in the Nominated Account or Credit Card, the Member may be liable for fees, charges and/or interest to their financial institution.
- The Member will be charged a $12.00 fee by Council for each dishonoured payment, which fee represents Council’s costs in re-processing any dishonoured payment, following up any overdue payments, and administrative costs incidental to these actions.
- The Member may also incur a $12.00 fee if a Direct Debit payment fails due to the Member providing incorrect account information.
- Outstanding membership fees, and any applicable fees, must be paid in person at Aquamoves prior to the next scheduled Direct Debit Date.
- Council may terminate this Agreement and any membership held by a Member if a Direct Debit fails and the Member does not make the overdue payment prior to the next Direct Debit Date.
Limitation of liability
The Member agrees that Council will not be liable for any losses or costs incurred by the Member arising from any Direct Debit. The Member agrees to release, indemnify, keep indemnified and hold harmless the Council and its employees, contractors and agents from or against any liability, losses or costs (including legal costs) that the Member incurs as a result of any Direct Debit.
- Council will notify the Member of any failed Direct Debit payments as soon as practicable.
- The direct debit schedule is available below. Council will initiate the Direct Debit from the Nominated Account or Credit Card on the Direct Debit Dates, unless the Direct Debit Date is a non-business day (i.e. a weekend or a public holiday), in which case the Direct Debit will be made on the following business day. If the Member is uncertain as to when the debit will be processed to their account, they should enquire direct to their financial institute (the Ledger FI).
- In compliance with the Industry’s Direct Debit Claims Process, Council will assist the Member in disputing any amount drawn on the Nominated Account or Credit Card under this Agreement. Council will endeavour to resolve the matter within the Industry agreed timeframes.
- Council may send correspondence either electronically to the Member’s email address or by ordinary post to the address provided. If sent my mail, communications are taken to be received on the day they would be received in the ordinary course of post.
The Member must direct all enquiries about this Agreement to:
Customer Service Team Leader,
Phone: 03 5832 9400
Fax: 03 5831 8189
Tom Collins Drive
(Locked Bag 1000)
SHEPPARTON VIC 3630