Please note: this is an old article
It was published in August 2015, so the information may be out-of-date.
We’re delighted to inform you that the Stage 1 parking areas are set to be open for use from this evening (Friday 14 August).
In using the areas, please note the following:
- The areas are not fully finished. They have been completed to a useable condition, with compacted crushed rock and a primer seal.
- In October 2015, a layer of hot mix asphalt will be put over all stages of the car park at once, including these areas.
- Temporary line marking will be completed on Tuesday 18 August, so until then please park in relation to the kerb and be mindful of parking suitably and carefully for other people.
***Please note that these areas will be temporarily shut down for the day in order for the line marking to be completed.***
- Please only park in the formalised, kerbed area – the area under the trees previously used for parking is no longer for vehicle access.
Jarvis Delahey Contractors (JDC) will now focus on Stage 2 of the project starting on Monday 17 August. This will require a significant section of the car parking to be shut down – running from the riverbank to the existing median strip.
Stage 2 will require changes to traffic directions and parking as follows:
- The dual lane roadway will be shut down
- South bound traffic are to travel as normal through the east lane to the roundabout
- From the roundabout, north bound traffic will travel adjacent to the south bound lane, using the area that was previously 45 degree angle parks (as per the above diagram)
Once again we apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation and patience.