Aquamoves is pleased to welcome back the master of performance breathing, Rich Burrows, for a special Breath and Ice workshop on Sunday 20 December.
Learn the fundamentals of performance breathing and prepare the body and mind for the challenge of an ice bath.
- Date: Sunday 20 December
- Time: 8.00am to 10.00am
- Cost: $50
- Please bring: Activewear, bathers, towel, yoga mat and a drink bottle.
With limited places, please call us on 5832 9400 to book your place.
Benefits of the workshop
Our breath sits at the intersection of our biology and our psychology. Learning to use the breath to take control of our state is the key to creativity, decision making and better mental health.
This workshop includes;
- Introduction to optimal breathing mechanics
- Application of Oxygen Advantage fundamentals
- Application of XPT Performance Breathing Fundamentals
- 30 minutes of guided breath work / meditation and movement to prepare the body and mind for the challenge of full body cold water immersion.
Exposing the body to a temporary (3-5 minute), yet significant stressor will trigger a series of physiological and psychological adaptations in a safe and controlled manner. The powerful and immediate effects of these active recovery techniques include;
- Reduced inflammation and joint pain
- Stronger cardiovascular and lymphatic systems
- Improved energy and immune function
- Activation of brown adipose tissue (brown fat)
- Improved cognitive function
- Balance hormones
Richard Burrows is a certified Oxygen Advantage ® instructor and a certified XPT Life ® coach and official affiliate. He applies the very latest performance breathing methods in his role as a CrossFit and high-performance coach and has personally guided hundreds of people through their first cold exposure experience.