March 2015 Update
Table of Contents
Car Park Redevelopment
The tender for the ‘Aquamoves Car Park Construction' went out on Friday 20 March 2015.
This included complete layout plans with the following features:
- Optimal traffic flow
- Approximately 160 formalised car parks
- Two bus parks
- Five accessible parks within the closest proximity to the facility entrance, including one accessible mini-bus space
- New lighting throughout
- Two pedestrian crossings - raised, with lighting
- Shared roadway - pedestrians have right of way
- Foot path access from all parking areas to the front entrance
- Pathway along the riverbank connecting the shared path network
- Preservation of the existing significant trees and the creation of a naturally landscaped area providing open space and shade
We anticipate works to begin by late June.
Change Rooms Upgrade
Includes Aquamoves Wet Area, Dry Area and Raymond West Change Rooms, as well as the Indoor Pool Concourse.
This major project has seen the merging of four individual projects to provide a streamlined delivery of all works.
The tender for the design and construction of the ‘Aquamoves Change Rooms and Concourse Refurbishment' went out on Friday 20 March 2015.
The plan will be to undertake the refurbishment of the Dry Area Change Rooms and Raymond West Change Rooms as Stage 1 of the project between late July and end of September, and the Wet Area Change Rooms and Indoor Concourse refurbishment between late November and end of January as Stage 2.
Details on how these works will impact facility operations will be communicated when possible.
Splash Park Shade Sail
The request for quotation of the design and construction of the ‘Aquamoves Shade Sail' will go out in the coming weeks.
The plan will be to undertake the works in the off season when the Splash Park is closed.