Please note: this is an old article
It was published in December 2019, so the information may be out-of-date.
We would like to remind you about the Watch Around Water policy when visiting our pools this Summer.
Watch Around Water has been developed to ensure every child is adequately supervised whilst visiting public aquatic facilities. It aims to reduce the number of fatal and non-fatal drowning incidents and associated injuries in public aquatic facilities in Victoria within the 0-14 year age group.
Children under 10 years (5-9):
- Must be accompanied into the centre by a responsible parent / guardian
- Must be constantly and actively supervised
- Parents / guardians must position themselves to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child / children
Children under 5 years (0-4):
- Must be accompanied into the centre and the water by a responsible parent / guardian
- Must stay within arm’s reach during recreational play activities
Children 10 years and older:
- Parents must use their knowledge of an individual child's swimming ability and general development to determine the level of accompaniment required.
Children under 10 years:
- Maximum 1 Parent / Guardian to 4 Children
Children under 5 years:
- Maximum 1 Parent / Guardian to 2 Children