Please note: this is an old article
It was published in March 2012, so the information may be out-of-date.
Greater Shepparton City Council’s Healthy Communities Project “Get Mooving Greater Shepparton” will be launched at the Twilight Stroll tonight.
The project will be launched by Mayor Michael Polan with Melbourne Vixen and Victorian Fury Player Kathleen Knott in attendance as an ambassador for the program.
Get Mooving Greater Shepparton encompasses a number of free healthy living initiatives targeting physical activity and nutrition.
Local and national programs will be delivered as part of the project including:
- Community gardens
- Cooking classes (cost incurred)
- Modified table tennis program called SWISH for those with a vision impairment
- Measure Up Community Road show including free health checks
- Active outdoors - free exercise classes and outdoor recreation equipment
- FOODcents training
- Rumbalara Healthy Lifestyle Programs and Physical Activity Rooms
- Heart Foundation Walking
- Australian Diabetes Council BEAT IT: Physical Activity and Lifestyle Program
The project is funded by the Australian Government under the Healthy Communities Initiative.