Please note: this is an old article
It was published in September 2015, so the information may be out-of-date.
As of next Monday (28 September) the changeover to Stage 3 of the Aquamoves car park redevelopment will take place, requiring operational changes to both traffic and pedestrians.
Please take note of the following changes in place during stage 3:
- The roadway and parking along the front of the building will be fenced off and unavailable for use;
- The newly constructed roadway will be used as a dual lane road;
- Angle and parallel parking along this section will be available for use;
- The Stage 1 parking areas can continue to be accessed;
- Pedestrians parking in either Stage 1 or Stage 2 parking bays will have to walk around the fenced area by using the newly created paths to get to the road, and then cross the road safely in order to access the centre;
- Accessible parking will be located at the All Abilities Playground just south of the roundabout. Another accessible park will be located just outside the works area adjacent to the Raymond West building;
- Bus parking will be relocated north along Tom Collins Drive. This will take up six (6) car parking bays.
- ALL PATRONS: Please note the changes in signage and line marking for this accessible bay and the bus parking.
Apologies for the inconvenience these works are causing, and thank you for your patience and cooperation. We will keep you updated on progress and look forward to completion in November.
To view a diagram of the stage 3 traffic and pedestrian plan simply click the link below.